What is Gutenberg?
Gutenberg is a major change in how the backend editor within WordPress works.
- It was originally expected to be released as part of WordPress 5.0 on November 19, 2018.
- The release date was then moved to November 27, 2018.
- The release date IS NOW scheuled for December 6, 2018.
Gutenberg Plugins found in your WordPress Dashboard
In the backend of your WordPress website you should see what is shown in the image titled “Gutenberg WordPress Dashboard”.
However, I would suggest that before trying out either of these plugins that either you or your web designer backup the files on your webserver as well as the database that supports your WordPress website.
There are some great resources to learn more about Gutenberg. Some of these resources are technical and some of them are written in easy to read / plain language.
- What is Gutenberg?
- Diving Into the New Gutenberg WordPress Editor (Pros and Cons)
- WordPress To Release 5.0 Gutenberg”
- Should You Update To WordPress 5.0
- Mullenweg Gutenberg Roll Out Plan
- FAQS about Gutenberg – WordPress.org
- Say Hello to the New Editor – WordPress.org
- Gutenberg Editing Experience – WordPress.org
- Gutenberg News